Friday, January 30, 2009

I Heart TED


Any parent knows that while their little ones are bundles of joy, they are also the most time consuming things ever invented. A free evening is a rare thing when it comes along and most likely to be spent on catching up with friends or the long list of movies that never get seen. So what about higher culture? I was thinking when was the last time I had time to see a talk or go to a conference? I literally drew a blank. Maybe while I was pregnant.

I actually can't remember which is why I love the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) website. I don't think I'll be traveling to a TED Conference anytime soon, but I'm still able to engage my thinking brain with their video archive of talks. There is a wonderful selection of topics and speakers all published under a Creative Commons License so they can be reposted and shared at will. TED lives up to its slogan Ideas Worth Spreading.

Best of all, a lot of the videos run about 15 - 20 minutes which means you can squeeze some higher thinking into your day. Thanks TED!

No comments: